We are discussing free cars for low income family for some reasons. Cars are a great invention. But not everybody can afford to buy one, especially low-income families. Car is a basic utility in modern society & keeping this in mind many governments & non-government welfare programs are offering free cars for low-income family in 2019.
It is a sense of great joy for people to own a car. It not only eases transportation but also boosts ones’ social status. The economic hardships faced by low income families are nothing compared to well-off families. In these modern times, cars are no longer a luxury but a necessity. Car programs for low income families run all across the United States to meet this necessity.
Before discussing the procedure to apply for free car programs for needy families. It is required to know the purpose and eligibility behind free car programs for low income families.
Purpose Behind Free Cars for Low Income Family
As they say, nothing is for free in modern times. Free cars for poor families is one way of boosting the giant automobile industry in the United States and putting older vehicles to good use. This was achieved by the introduction of the tax reform law. Which allowed taxpayers of the United States to write-off their taxes by donating their used cars. It proved to be a win-win situation for both sides.
The free cars that are offered to low income families are not a brand new car but vehicles that are sold by its primary owner. While the free car is a second-hand automobile, in no way, it has to be considered a cheap useless product. Authorized technicians service these cars before handing it over to organizations that run car programs for the needy.
Such car programs keep the economy active, increasing trade activities, increasing number of jobs in automobile service and so the chain continues almost endlessly.
Enough discussed the economic aspect of such free car programs, let us move on to its social purpose & implications on low income families. A car is known to have changed a family’s financial condition. Many families have known to have run small businesses for which transportation is vital. Having a free car, say a multi-use truck has surely helped their businesses grow.
Otherwise too, for families who find it difficult to commute using public transport have known to have improved their work efficiency by commuting using their personal means of transport via a free car.
Charities That Offer Free Cars for Low Income People
Religious organizations, Non-governmental organization, Government programs, etc. are all engaged in the noble cause of donating cars for free. This will uplift the living standard of low incomes families and individuals. Below given is a popular list of organizations carrying out the car donation drives for low income groups such as single moms, college students, disabled individuals, etc.
|CharityCards.org||FreeCharityCards.org is one of the most popular organizations for free car programs for poor families. It gives away free cars on the basis of community-voting system, making the donation process transparent.
Sign-up online on their website then fill-up the form to be considered for a free car.
|Withcauses.org||It is an online platform that connects donors with needy families. In order to be considered for the donation drive, the applicant has to stat the reason for free car and elaborate on your financial condition.
The organization lets you participate in a suitable donation drive based on your profile.
|Cars 4 Christmas||Just like any other car donation organization, it requires the applicants to fill in a statement of purpose in order to be considered for a free car.
The organization decides on its own, and no community-voting takes place in order to give way the car.
|Wheels4Hope.org||Donated vehicles are refurbished and sold to eligible recipients with a warranty of 6-months. The recipients are required to pay around $500 as a part of admin charges.
The program offers cars for free apart for sale to the general public in order to cover the program costs. Such cars are valued at around $2,000 to $4,000 dollars.
|Extendedfamily.org||Apart from providing cars at no or minimal cost to single mothers, this NGO helps provide clothing, housing, medicine, and transportation services.|
|1-800 Charity cars||They provide free vehicles to a larger section of low-income families. One of its successful campaigns includes free cars.|
|Good News Garage||Programs offering free car are active in Massachusetts, New Hamshire, and Vermont, although the eligibility criteria may differ from one and other.|
|Working Cars for Working Families||Operating out of Kansas City and Belton, they ensure that applicants get a fair deal when buying or financing a car.|
Other charity organizations include
- Vehicles For Change
- Online Car Donations Auto Charity
- Free Charity Cars
- Modest Needs
- FreeGasUSA.Org among several others
Eligibility to Get Your Own Free Automobile for Low-income Family
Free car donation drives do not mandatorily entitle the low incomes families to receive a free car. The programs are subjected to certain terms and conditions which the participants are expected to follow. Also, there are some programs offers free cars for single moms. Here is the basic eligibility to get your own free automobile:
- Age criteria: The recipient who is applying for free automobile must be above the age of 25 years old.
- Fresh application: The applicant should not have applied previously for any free car donation programs.
- No criminal record: The past record of applicants must be clean when I say clean I mean with no accidental record or criminal record.
- Full-time employment: The recipient of the free car must be a full-time employee in a recognized organization for a minimum of 30 days.
- A valid driving license: The applicant must hold a valid driving license while applying for a free car.
Procedure to Apply for Free Cars for Poor People 2019
Taxpayers usually donate their used cars to nonprofit organizations in order to avail tax benefits under the federal law. These sold-off cars are used by nonprofit organizations to raise funds for other specific welfare programs while others organize a car donation drive for the low-income families and individual.
Here is a detailed procedure to apply for free cars in 2019
- Search for charitable organizations: A detailed list of various charitable organizations that run car donation program is mentioned above. You are required to find the right program that suits your need or makes you eligible to own a donated car.
- Check the requirements thoroughly: Getting a free car does not mean that you are liable to pay nothing. There may be one or two ways which make you liable for something. Each program has its own different requirements that applicants must meet in order to be approved for a donated car. It is best to go through the agreement while applying for a car donation drive.
- Fill out the application online: Fill out the application for a free car in leisure. It is important to be careful before agreeing to any terms and conditions that the organization puts on to the applicant. Prefer online mode of submission as the processing time is quicker.
- Supporting documents is a must: Supporting documents like a valid driver’s license, proof of income, proof of insurance or proof that you lack income, proof of government grants if any, medical certificate, etc. are essential to uplift your profile and brighten your chances of getting a free car.
- Finally, wait for approval: The processing time varies from one organization to another. There is no fixed time slot within which you will receive a free car. If you are lucky enough, you may get the car right away, or it may take months before you could own a car.
It is very well established that free cars for low income family are a means to uplift their status in society. Do not felt disheartened if none of the mentioned organizations accept your request for a free car. Keep looking out for government programs, reputed private organizations to open up a car donation drive at minimal or no cost loan.